Root Canal Therapy in Washington, MI
Root canals aren't what they used to be. Here at Witer Family Dentistry, we’re dedicated to making your root canal experience comfortable, beneficial, and yes, even positive! With our comfortable waiting area and all the Netflix binging you could want in our dentist’s chairs, you’ll be relaxed and ready to take care of that troubling tooth!
What Is a Root Canal?
A root canal is essentially a treatment to fix a tooth that's deeply infected or decayed. When you hear the words "root canal," focus on the word “root.” Your professionally trained dentist, Dr. Witer, will focus on removing the infection in the tooth’s root. The goal? Save the tooth and bring back your radiant smile. By ridding your tooth of the infection from the inside, you can keep your natural tooth instead of getting an extraction.
The Root Canal Process
- Consultation: First things first. A sit-down with Dr. Jacob Witer to determine if a root canal is right for you.
- Preparation: Before the main event, the tooth is numbed so that you won’t feel a thing.
- Cleaning: This is where the infected pulp inside the tooth is removed.
- Filling: After the cleanup, the inside of your tooth gets filled in to strengthen the tooth and prevent it from being reinfected.
- Restoration: Sometimes, a tooth needs some reinforcement post-treatment. Often, this comes in the form of a crown or filling.
There are a few things it is recommended for patients to do after surgery to ensure the best results and a speedy recovery:
- Avoid hard foods for a few days. Your tooth had a big day; it deserves some soft treats.
- Regular brushing and flossing: Keep that oral hygiene game strong.
- Regular check-ins with Dr. Witer. We love to see how you're doing.
Symptoms of Potentially Needing a Root Canal
If you’re experiencing the following symptoms, go see Dr. Witer right away! Not everything leads to a root canal, but abnormalities in the mouth should not go unchecked.
- Lasting tooth pain
- Sensitivity to hot or cold that doesn’t subside right away
- Swelling and tenderness in the gums
- Tooth discoloration
- Swelling in the jaw
- A tooth becoming loose or less stable
- Damaged tooth — cracks, chips, or breaks
Root Canal FAQ
- Does it hurt?: The modern root canal process, especially under the skilled hands of a dentist like Dr. Witer, is typically no more uncomfortable than getting a filling.
- Why not just extract the tooth?: Saving your natural tooth, when possible, offers benefits like efficient chewing, a natural appearance, and protection of other teeth.
- Endodontist or dentist?: Dr. Jacob Witer is a trained dentist who can expertly perform root canal therapy. Some complex cases might require an endodontist, but we'll always guide you in the right direction.
Pricing and Insurance: The Benefits of Investing
We get it. The word "investment" can be intimidating. But when it comes to root canal therapy:
- Preservation: Save your natural tooth and avoid more extensive treatments down the road.
- Cost-Efficient: In the long run, a root canal can be more cost-effective than replacing an extracted tooth.
- Insurance Guidance: Not sure about coverage? We're here to help navigate the insurance maze and ensure you’re getting the best value.
Call to Schedule an Appointment Today
Root canals might have an infamous reputation, but we're on a mission to change that narrative. Ready to discuss your options, ask questions, or book an appointment? Reach out to us at (586) 281-3266.
Located in Washington Township, MI, Witer Family Dentistry is all about prioritizing your dental health in the most comfortable and efficient way. Let's redefine your dental journey together!
Witer Family Dentistry proudly offers the very best root canal treatments near Washington Township, Romeo, and beyond! Our root canal dentist, Dr. Witer, utilizes the latest dental tools and technologies to provide an experience that's efficient and, most importantly, comfortable!
Our Washington Township dentist office is equipped all of the amenities you need to make your treatment a simple one. Watch your favorite Netflix show in the dentist's chair or relax with a hot cup of coffee in our waiting area. Our staff is here to make your process a calm and stress-free one!
Why You May Need A Root Canal
If Dr. Witer discovers that your tooth's pulp is infected or has developed an abscess, he may recommend gentle root canal therapy to help save the tooth.
To do this, he uses precision dental tools to remove the pulp and/or nerve. He will then completely clean and medicate the chamber before filling it. Most root canal treatments require the use of a dental crown to seal and protect the affected tooth.
When Dr. Witer recommends this procedure, he is putting the health of his patients first. If a tooth is left untreated, the infection could spread, creating dangerous decay which can affect your total body health!
How Much Does A Root Canal Cost?
Total root canal cost, particularly out-of-pocket costs, can vary from patient to patient and depends mostly on dental insurance plans. If you need a root canal but don't have dental insurance, consider joining our in-house dental membership program, a plan that gives you all of the preventive care you need - and even a discount on root canal treatment - for one low monthly fee!
Need extra help affording your root canal? Our team will help you get set up with a low or no-interest financing plan through LendingClub. Whatever your situation, Witer Family Dentistry is committed to making the entire treatment process as simple as possible - from start to finish!
Gentle Root Canal Therapy In Washington Township!
Do you need a root canal? Don't fret - our gentle dental team is here for you. Contact Witer Family Dentistry today to schedule your appointment.